[Adastra] Is anyone proficient in Protozoa?
PennyGreen
2014-03-14 08:58:56 UTC
Hello All,

I have been contacted by someone who has recently started up an interest
in protozoa, and "after a trawl of Hove lagoon found a Micro organism
that is simular to a Dileptus but has prominant membranelles, like horns
above its head which is on a long neck followed by a long tail. I wonder
if there is any one in sussex can help identify it, having filmed it in
hi-def video?"

Is anyone proficient in protozoa?! Here is the vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/88980893 (I couldn't get it to work here but it could
be blocked by our computer systems).

If you are able to help please let me know and I can put you in contact.

Thanks and best wishes, Penny

p.s. Adastra 2013 is now available to download from our website:
http://sxbrc.org.uk/biodiversity/publications/Adastra_2013.pdf

Penny Green
BRC Manager
Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre
http://sxbrc.org.uk | 01273 497521

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act. Registered in England, Company No. 698851. Registered Charity No. 207005. VAT Registration No. 191 305969. Registered Office: Woods Mill, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9SD. Telephone 01273 492630
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Arrrggg!! That is terrifyingly awesome. Who's got the movie rights? Attack of the Mutant Protozoans? Invasion of the Protozoa? Teenage Mutant Protozoans?

On Friday, 14 March 2014, 8:59, "PennyGreen at sussexwt.org.uk" <PennyGreen at sussexwt.org.uk> wrote:

Hello All,
?